I can't believe you're reading this.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

So, I'm beginning to hate this show. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop watching it, but I'm very close to reaching into the TV and strangling Meredith and Derek. Especially tonight. I was just waiting for them to go at it right there in the stairwell. But no. At the same time I think it's more appropriate for Meredith to be seeing the vet. He's nicer, but not as sexy as Derek.

Anyways, tonight's show pissed me off because of the ending kiss. I am so desperate for that cute first kiss. I was trying to think back to when I had something like that, but I've never had that really, really nice first kiss. With my ex, we were coming back from the movies and the whole drive back I kept saying to myself "Don't wait just do it." The ride was so quite because the whole time I was cheering myself on saying "Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him." When we pulled up to the front of my dorm room, I just leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the lips (I was aiming for his cheek, but he turned his head, and well I missed). I was barely out the car door when he peeled off. So, while the trip back from the movies I had cheered myself on, the way into the building consisted of "that was a dumb idea!" It didn't exactly send shivers up and down my body. Now, I keep telling myself, maybe it was a dumb idea.

I always thought of myself as being an 'old-fashioned' kind of girl. But, I don't see any part of my life being old-fashioned at all. I'm always waiting for that first move and I just end up sitting there, waiting. It isn't until I grow my own set (usually with the help of a little vodka) that I make that first move. That's not something I'm too impressed with at all.

My friends are always telling me (and i keep telling myself) that something always happens when you least expect it. But, if I keep pretending to hide or imagining that turn around the corner is anything really going to happen? I'm starting to wonder, what am I really waiting for? Anything? That's not old fashioned, that's just desperate.

My favorite fairytale has always been Sleeping Beauty, and while the Prince wakes the Princess up with a single kiss, I would rather keep on sleeping. Sometimes I think I'm just happier living in my imagination.

K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home