I can't believe you're reading this.

Friday, April 21, 2006

All Alone at Work

So it is Friday morning and I'm here at work by myself. My boss had told me that she was going to be here at 10 a.m. While trying desperately hard to try and get myself up this morning, I tried to convince myself that I could show up a half hour late. After all, according to my boss I have a half hour overtime that I need to take off. But, no, I decided that I was going to be a good person and not get in trouble for coming in late. It's 11:00 and my boss still hasn't come in, and I'm just wasting away cause I have nothing to do. I just wrote up to bibliographies for fourth graders. Exciting. Five o'clock can not come any sooner.

Tomorrow is my friend Matt's birthday, but Saturday's aren't good for him, so we are going out tonight. Who knows what bar we will end up at. I'm going to be honest, I go to a bar almost every weekend. I'm not a drunk or anything, it just happens to be the only thing to do around here. I'm beginning to ask myself why do I spend so much time getting ready to go out. Its the same thing every time. I get all dolled up, my hair and makeup look great, and then I sit at the bar crossing my legs in a sexy coy way, but its useless. I don't know why I keep thinking that one of these days this great guy is just going to walk over, by me a drink, and wa-la the rest is history.

I believe this is what makes me more depressed that I think the only place where I can meet a cute guy is at a bar. My friends are useless. Whenever they say they have a cute single guy, they only mention him, but they never seem to follow through. So, I've given up on bars and friends, and I am no way trying the on-line route. I'll do that when I've reached my 40s. There's a scene in The March of the Penguins, where the female penguins are fighting over the male penguins. Apparently, the female penguins outnumber the males. So maybe thats my problem, there's just not enough males in the world to go around. They're either taken, gay, or they just didn't survive. Thats a really terrible thing to say, but fate sucks sometimes.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kerri said…

    a.) You spelt my name wrong.
    b.) Now I feel even more pathetic. I think that's the worst part, when people try to give u advice. Haha. Well let's just say I'll be saving some money at that sex toy party. Or maybe spending too much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home